Closing Time

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Tomorrow is closing!  The money's been wired, the documents drafted, and I'm signing on the dotted line at 3:30 Eastern Daylight Time.  I did my walk through with my realtor and finally got to see what I'm buying instead of the tenants', ahem, personal belongings.


The front bedroom is smaller than I remembered/realized, but it will make a great office/craft room.  


This is the same room as above.  I'm still a little stunned that all this stuff was in that one room.


I forgot to take a picture of the sweet medicine cabinet that is still there.  When I toured the house and took the above photo, there was this oversized monstrosity.  I had already started shopping for replacements.  Apparently, though, the tenants just installed it over the original inset medicine cabinet, and when they removed this thing when they were moving out, the original one was hiding behind it. Hooray for original details!


I still love all the light in the front room (sorry for the terrible iPhone panorama photos).


Another not great iPhone panorama but it shows off a couple of things, some good and some bad.  The good - the original wood floors.  Swoon!  The window over the sink - so bright!  The bad?  Well, the three different cabinets for starters.  The old appliances, including the lack of a dishwasher.  And let's not talk about the two different counter tops.  I don't even know what the heck they were thinking.  This is kind of a theme.

"What were they thinking when they did _____________?"

Like when they decided that a carpeted bedroom was also a pet bathroom.



I just can't.  I am without words.  My poor, adorable realtor kept covering her nose in this room but she checked each outlet like a little trooper (they weren't working during the inspection, and we did an addendum to make sure they were fixed before move in).

So that's the house! My mom's flying in Thursday, and then we get to work.  Grab your hardhats, ladies and gents.  There's a reno about to start up in here!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!