I'm Back, Baby!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Wow.  Four years.  I don't even know where to begin.  Since this post, so much has happened in my life.

Started a new blog.  Abandoned that blog.  Graduated from law school.  Got my first job.  Got another puppy.  Got a new job.  Moved to Florida.  Bought a house.

Wait.  What was that last one?


This little beauty.  I am officially under contract for this darling 1925 bungalow.  Barring any nasty surprises, I close February 25.  (The above photo and all the ones below are from the MLS listing.)  I don't have to be out of my apartment until March 31, so I'll have time to make some changes before all my stuff gets moved in and in the way.



It's sort of a shotgun style, because although you can't fire a shotgun from the front door out to the back, you could definitely aim it through the window and have it blast the glass in the back French doors.  The entire house is only 16ft wide and 770 square feet.


These pictures are a little sneaky.  They're bedrooms, right?  Except they don't have any closets, so you can't exactly call them bedrooms.  In fact, there isn't a single closet in the entire house.  That's right.  I bought a house without any closets.


These bedrooms are also small.  11 x 7 feet.  Remember, the house is only 16ft wide in all, so there's basically a wall running right down the middle that divide the place in half.


The bathroom doesn't have a bathtub, which is a bummer and it's not my taste aesthetically, but it's functional.  I'm sure you're wondering why on earth I bought this tiny house without closets.  Well...


Do you see it?  No, not the adorable, bright and airy porch-turned-dining room.  The cool blue pool behind the French doors.


I know.  I moved to Florida and bought a house with a pool.  Such a cliché.  I didn't even know I wanted a pool until I had the opportunity to get one.  I compromised on the size of the house (and, um, closets) to get a house in a great neighborhood with a pool.  The outdoor space of this house more than made up for the quirks inside.  That's the beauty of Florida - you really can use the outdoors 9-10 months out of the year.

"But Elizabeth!" I can hear you say.  "Where will your guests stay?"



Why, in the pool house, of course!  That's the other thing that made me decide this house could work.  There's a full 350 square feet in the garage-turned-pool house.  As one of my friends put it, my pool house has a pool house.


Of course, there's no closet in here, either.  There's definitely room for one, though, and I'd like to add a closet and a full bathroom.  The washer and dryer are out here, behind a curtain which is apparently being held out of the way for this photo - see the little bit in the corner of the photo?


And here's the kitchen.  Nothing to write home about, but it's functional.  Painting those cabinets is going to be one of the first things I do.  I wish they were a little taller because hey, those ceilings could support them, but oh well!

So really, that's it.  There are only so many photos you need for a 770 square foot vacant house.  I'm so excited to move in and make it my own!

I have so many exciting ideas, not just for updating the house but also for updating this blog.  Stay tuned!  Biz and the Bungalow is back!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!