Craigslist Score - Dining Room Lighting

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I've done some thinking about how to lay out my furniture in the new place.  If you'll recall, there's this weird bump out that juts out between the living room and the kitchen.



I seriously have no idea when or why this was done.  However, if you know me at all, you'll know I'm a big fan of built-ins, so that was my initial thought for what to do with the bump out.  Then I reconsidered.  What if I swapped the modern ceiling fan (so not my style) for a cool rustic chandelier and used that space as my dining room?  It has a little more room than the space at the back of the house, and it would give purpose to that space.


[source: HGTV]

[source: Dear Lillie]

I thought I could make it work, plus the rustic lantern-as-a-chandelier looked really cool when other people do it.  So I happened to be cruising Craigslist last night (as I do from time to time) when I saw this:


And I made the same sound as the seagulls in Finding Nemo: MINE.  I e-mailed immediately and agreed to meet the seller at lunch today.

Now, I'm no idiot.  When 1) meeting a stranger 2) at a warehouse to buy something that seems 3) too good to be true, my Stranger Danger alarm started blaring.  Fortunately I was able to wrangle my Work Friend Ben (that is his full name) into coming with me for the low price of lunch.

No death and dismemberment today, Craigslist Killer.  (Whose name was actually Marty and who was very nice.)

The lantern really is gorgeous, and I'm very excited about it.  It's not exactly the same style as some of my inspiration photos, but the price was right and I like it a heck of a lot better than the ceiling fan.  If you like it, too, it's by Chelsea House and currently available on Wayfair, albeit for $759.

[source: Wayfair]

What's your best Craiglist score?  Share with me in the comments!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!