The Kate

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I got a haircut this morning, and I'm calling it "The Kate."  No, it's not that Kate, though if y'all follow me on Pinterest, I have to admit it would be a pretty good guess.  The Kate that inspired my newest haircut is Kate Bryan of The Small Things Blog.  She's a fellow Southerner and professional hair stylist and best of all, she has tons of video tutorials on how to style your hair.  I took a photo of the back of her hair to my stylist this morning and said, "I want it shorter with lots of layers throughout.  And I mean real layers."  So Heather (my favorite hair stylist since I moved home in 2010 and starting hunting for one) gave me real layers.

 [take 1: a bug flew by | take 2: laughing at my mom laughing at me | take 3: a decent photo]

I'm completely obsessed.  I love love LOVE it!  Heather blew it out, and then I went home and teased and curled it using this tutorial from Kate.  It's exactly what I wanted!  I'm pleased as punch!

Isn't it crazy how much your hair can affect your mood?  Anyone else feel this way?  Tell me about it!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!