Bamboozled

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My mom and I were at a local estate sale shop on Sunday, just moseying around, when I spotted this very nifty faux bamboo side table, complete with caned bottom.


It was marked $65, but it was half off since it was Sunday, bringing it to $32.50.  I got it for $20.  Bargain!  Except I don't have a place to put it.  

My bad.

But look at it!  It's so nifty and combines two of my favorite motifs: bamboo and caning.  There were also some STUNNING caned chairs.  But if I don't need another side table, I certainly don't need 8 more chairs.  See?  I'm not a total slave to my impulses.

 Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.  I'm not loving the scuffed up wood finish, so I did what any good DIYer does these days when needing inspiration:  PINTEREST.

[via]
Pale blue lacquer?

[via]
Glossy red?

[via]
Classic white?

[via]
Black?

What do y'all think?  Help a sister out!

1 comment:

  1. You can never go wrong with a glossy red side table. It should stand out so people can appreciate your amazing bargaining skills.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!