bourbon balls and derbies

Monday, June 25, 2012

I scampered up to Kentucky this weekend for a sorority sister's wedding.  Also in attendance were my dear friends and fellow bloggers, Faye and Rachel.  We had such a wonderful time sending our KD sister into married life.  I also visited Keeneland, Old Friends (a retirement rescue for ex-racers), and wandered around downtown Lexington.  So much fun!

The bride's charming hometown! 
Rehearsal dinner at the country club

The groom's cake 

A candy bar in the wedding colors.  OBSESSED with this idea.

Monogrammed cookies on every plate. 

They met me at the door with pink champagne - my kind of party.

She looked like a princess.

Are they not a beautiful couple?

So sweet.

Cutting the cake

Adorable pals (both with pretty blue eyes that redeye hates)

My sweet friends!

Best friends

Sometimes, uneeda biscuit.

Baby!

Miniature horse at the retired racehorse rescue

This guy would show his lip tattoo for a peppermint.

Keeneland

On the track

I had an amazing time in Kentucky and hope to go back to visit very soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!