What's In Bloom!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's early summer here and while my bulbs, roses, and passionflowers have mostly faded, I do still have some pretty summer color.  Geraniums, petunias, and my personal summer favorite, hydrangeas!  It was such a hot summer last year that I lost one of my pretty baby hydrangeas, but the remaining three are boasting such a lovely mixture of blues, purples, whites, and even pink, that it's hard to mourn the loss!






Anyone have any other suggestions for gorgeous summer color that can stand the heat?  Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your garden updates. I live in Michigan and it's always so fun to see what thrives in a garden in such a different region. That being said, I'm probably not the person to be giving advice about what major heat waves, but what about lantana? I think they're really beautiful and unique. They could also be a small-scale compliment to your hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in looooooooooooove with your hydrangeas. I just think they are one of the prettiest flowers! I don't have any suggestions for you though because everything I try to grow basically dies. ooops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'd love to know how you made the bars for your pinterest, email, and twitter. I've been wanting to do that for the longest time, but have no idea how!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - If lantana are what I think they are, I've had a hankering for them for a month or so. I've seen a plant that looks like Google images of lantana around town and I want one. Looks like a trip to the nursery is in order!

    LL - I just whipped them up in Photoshop Elements (I'm too cheap for the full version). Once exams are over, I can make you a set if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!