Summertime

Thursday, May 17, 2012


summertime, 
and the livin' is easy.
fish are jumping',
and the cotton is high.

oh, your daddy's rich,
and your ma's good-looking',
so hush, little baby, 
don't you cry.


one of these mornings, 
you gonna to rise up singing.
yes, you's spread your wings,
and you'll take to the sky.


but till that morning, 
there's nothing can harm you,
yes, with daddy and mommy 
standing by.


summertime,
and the livin' is easy.
fish are jumping',
and the cotton is high.


oh, your daddy's rich,
and your ma's good-looking',
so hush, little baby,
and don't you cry.

-----

I hope everyone else is having as wonderful a start to summer as I am!

2 comments:

  1. What did you use for your Terrarium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan - I went into the inside garden part of Home Depot and found these little potted plants on a table. They were like $2.98 for each one, so I got two ivies, two ferns, and two of these other mini shrub-looking things, one with green and white leaves and one with pink and green leaves. In the big terrarium, I have the two ivies and one of the ferns. In the tall skinny terrarium, I have the other fern (it's my favorite), and in the third, which isn't pictured, I have the green and white plant. They're all stuck in apothecary jars with lids - I got the big one at Marshall's for $12! I still need to find a place for the pink and green one, so I'm probably going to try to hunt up another apothecary jar on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!