Sorting Out My Jewels

Monday, November 14, 2011

If you follow me on Pinterest, you might have noticed a few new additions to my Chic Organization board.




After getting sick and tired of never being able to wear the perfect necklace for my outfit because I was running late and didn't have time to untangle the wicked rat's nest my necklaces had somehow woven themselves into, I decided to make use of the very nifty linen closet I have in my master bath.


I'm just guessing, but I'd say it's about 2 1/2 feet tall and maybe 1 1/2 feet deep.  Lots of storage and, more importantly, two very long doors.  So, armed with about 50 cup hooks (98¢ for 5 at Home Depot) and a hammer and nail to poke the hole to screw the cup hook into, I did this:


(Ignore the myriad of haircare and skincare 
products - I swear I'm not that high maintenance.)

Now my necklaces are easy to find, tangle free, and readily accessible.  YAY!  

But...

I don't just have a neck.  I also have an ear.  In fact, I have two ears, which means, you guessed it...I have a ton of earrings.  While my earrings weren't prone to getting tangled in my jewelry box, they were prone NOT following the buddy system, meaning I could usually find one but rarely both.  Do you see where I'm going with this?


TA DA!

Nifty, huh?  I'm going to make another one to go on the other door to hold the rest of my earrings, but my stomach is growling and Hart of Dixie is calling.  I'll post a How-To with photos tomorrow, in case you feel the urge to sort out your own jewels.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!