Me & Vincent

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I don't know if I've mentioned on the blog before how much I adore Vincent van Gogh.  He is probably my favorite painter and I could have spent days in the van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam (as it was, I was there until closing and way after my travel pals were ready to go).  I love his use of color, the way you can feel the emotion in his art just by looking at it.  I think he's just amazing.


This Thursday past, I was volunteering at a benefit for my local ARC, an organization supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.  There were a lot of local artists as well as art by ARC students as well, and I had a really great time.  While there, I met a local artist who had a gorgeous van Gogh-inspired skyline of my city.  It had already sold, but I told him how much I admired it and he revealed that he had a smaller one at home.  I got his card, shot him an e-mail last night, and, after making beaucoup bucks babysitting tonight, have agreed to make it mine.


Isn't it fantastic?  I'm more than a little obsessed and I can't wait to bring it home!  See what happens when you help others?  Good things come your way!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!