Keepers!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Well, I did better than I expected with my dress haul from F21.  Those I was right - several did go back, I decided to keep three.  I've already worn one and got a compliment in it.  :)  Yay!




Last week, I also played a little game I like to call "I Can Do That." Basically, it's me seeing something I like but being a cheapskate and deciding I can do it myself for less. Here's what I saw that I liked:


And here's what I made:


I haven't decided what I want to write on the bottom yet, so I've left it blank for now.  It was super easy to make - 6, 2' x 3" pre-cut ash boards from Home Depot attached to 1 1" x 3" pre-cut ash board cut in half and hot glued at the top and bottom to join the wood pieces together.  Add a little craft acrylic paint and you've got yourself a personalized portrait of your pup.  The whole thing cost me around $10 to make, and it's bigger than the storebought one.  Plus, I got to choose a background color to suit my living room decor and mix up a color of Poodle that looks like mine!  It was a lot of fun and I got to pretend to be an artiste for a couple of hours.

Anyone else been feeling artsy fartsy lately?  I'd love to see the results!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!