Grovetastic

Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm back from my trip to Oxford.  I had such an awesome time visiting with friends and sorority sisters.  By the time I left Oxford in May of 2010, I was so over small town life, but going back this weekend, I see why so many alums have second homes there.  It's wonderful in small doses.

Stating our goals for the evening.

Missed the memo about boots and sleeves.  Whoops.

Busy baby lawyers.

It was so so fun to visit with my pals Faye and Rachel, even if poor Rachel was working 12-hour night shifts.  I gladly took my 30 minute, early morning visits before her bedtime!

The Grove is known for many things, not least of all, fashion.  While in the Grove this weekend, it was brought to my attention that I needed some fall appropriate dresses.  Seriously, I was waaay too summery, but there wasn't a darn thing I could do about it.  I also realized that I needed some cute flat boots, after walking from the Grove to the Square (1 mile) in these beauties:


Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!  So, while my search for the perfect boot is ongoing, I have ordered these cuties from Forever 21 (on Faye's advice) and am awaiting their arrival at my doorstep.









I have high hopes, even though I know that some are guaranteed to go back.  I usually try on around 6 things at a store and only take home one, so by those odds, I'll only like one of these.  Hmph.  Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! I love all of those F21 dresses! I've been accepted to Ole Miss and right now it's my top choice, so I'd love to know what you loved/hated about it (I'm really nervous about the whole Greek system -- I definitely want to pledge, but it seems really intimidating, especially since I'm not a legacy and as much as I love Oxford, I'm afraid it might be too small for me)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you! You should come back again for a low-key weekend so we can all hang out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I can't believe you had to walk that far in heels! I am not going to lie..I rush the season a litte bit, most of the time, so that I can break out the boots :) So much more comfy.

    I think you and your girls looked amazing! Fall is just around the corner, so I totally understand your need for shopping though!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!