Total Steal!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

On my way back from the wedding, I got ready to make my turn back home and the sun was just low enough in the sky to be absolutely blinding.  So naturally, I decided to wait it out and shop a little.  I've been obsessed with these shirt dresses from Old Navy since I spotted them about a week ago.


Of course, I fall in love with them about two weeks after they go on sale, and they're all out of Mediums on the website.  So what do I do?  Oh, I just go on a four-store search.  No big deal.  I want the red one desperately:


But alas, it was not meant to be.  I did, however, locate the khaki and the floral.  The khaki was not as flattering on - I already knew tan wasn't my color, but I was hoping.  The floral on the other hand...


Well, it just looks fab!  It fits wonderfully with a short slip underneath to prevent unfortunate rear clingage.  It will be so perfect for running around in the summer!  The best part?  IT COST $7.50.  That's including tax.  I wasn't sold on the pattern until I checked the price tag.  Signed, sealed, delivered, it's mine!  (Of course, Property II has forever ruined that phrase for me.  It's a dress, not a deed!)

I haven't given up on the red one and plan to search the Old Navys (Navies?  Whatever.) around Capital City.  Wish me luck on my quest for casual summer fashion.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel has this dress and I want it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye, does she have it in red? And if so, do you have a key to her house/know when she'll be out of town?!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!