New Countertops!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My new countertops were installed yesterday and while the experience was not pleasant (the installer was an hour and a half late, then was here for nearly 10 hours, the house reeked of rubber cement, and on and on), I think the finished product is pretty spectacular!




I can hardly believe it's Formica - it looks so much like granite!  I think going with the square edges helped with the look.  I'm going to have to do some drywall repair (and installation - apparently the last time they put in countertops, they just attached them straight to the bare studs?!), but I'm very, very pleased with the product!  I can't wait to paint the cabinets white and tile the backsplash with my beloved subway tiles!

Also, don't forget - the first follower to guess where I'm going this summer will win a special prize from overseas!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!