Cat's Out of the Bag: England, Ho!

Monday, April 25, 2011

I've been waiting to announce this until I've told certain people in my life, but the Band-aid's been pulled off and those who need to know do, so now it's time to share with you!  I hinted at it earlier, and I was slightly disappointed nobody guessed my very clever hint - all those shoes were oxfords!  That's right...

I'm going to Oxford, England!



I've been accepted for a study abroad program at the University of Oxford, where I will be taking Evidence and Family Law (yes, both bar courses) in five weeks (yikes!).  But at least I'll be coming home with six hours of credit and (hopefully) four more stamps in my passport.  We're taking weekend trips to:

 
Paris

 Amsterdam

 Brussels

 Dublin

 Bath

 And, of course, London.

I'm so excited but the pleasure is a touch tempered by the fact that certain important people in my life aren't keen on me going.  But I've mulled it over, have discussed it with many, and eventually have come to the conclusion that if I don't go, I'll regret it forever.

So here's to Oxford!
I can't wait to meet you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous girl - you have no idea. I bet you will have a blast! You'd better send me a postcard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fantastic! Since I transferred to my school, I was never able to study abroad. I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! I cant wait to see all of your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my best friends did summer abroad in Oxford last year and had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!