Snooki Gets a Clerkship!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011


My pal finally put up the photos she took from the Jersey Shore party we attended Friday.  Note my Snooki poof.  There are very few photos that were Facebook acceptable and even fewer that were blog friendly.  Still, I had so much fun, even if I felt crazy tacky and was praying people didn't think I actually dressed like that or that I thought I looked good.



I was all kinds of orange, thanks to my sweet pal's self tanning lotion that thankfully came off in the shower that night.  I was rocking that Jersey tan but was too paranoid to sit on my white furniture.  So much fun and I can't believe I didn't go to more swaps in undergrad.  Of course, as exciting as these photos are, I have more exciting news.



Ready?



Really?



Okay.

I got a clerkship with the state Attorney General's office!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After many hours crying, questioning if I was cut out to be a lawyer, if I was just going to waste three years of my life and end up depressed and poor and jobless with no work experience to put on my puny resume, I got a blessed phone call this afternoon.  I'll be working in the Public Protection department and am just BEYOND excited.  Talk about the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER.  I got the call in the car, and I'm pretty sure I was screaming so loudly in the car that I made dogs howl.  

It's been a really stressful couple of weeks, but I'm so proud of my little batch of friends.  Every single one of us who went through OCIs came out with at least one clerkship (and one smarty pants has Summer, Fall, and Spring clerkships!).  Three of us, myself included, will be going to the AG's office.  One of my sweet pals will even be there in the spring with me, albeit in another department.  I'm just so so thrilled that I can barely talk about it.

It's like Meg at Deviled Megs said, "all the bad situations and tough things you have to go through, well they just make you better prepared to truly appreciate and savor the good things that may come your way."  

Boy, am I savoring!

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome accomplishment! That is going to look so good on your resume! YAY! Love the Snooki poof! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! I know your clerkship is well deserved :) Let's just hope the AG's office doesn't see any Snookie pictures :-o JUST KIDDING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whohoo congrats on the job and you look very stlish - love your outfit and your friends' outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!