Daffodils, Hyacinths, and Irises - Oh my!

Monday, March 21, 2011

I went to Southern State's botanical gardens this weekend with my mom, and I think I was inspired to show off my own garden.  As I mentioned here a few weeks ago and starting planning almost a year ago, I have a small bulb bed in my front yard which circles my redbud tree.  It's been doing really well and I wanted to show off some of my daffodil collection.

Taken mid-bloom; it's much more filled out
now! 






Just before it opened.

Later that afternoon.

My favorite!


My friend MK and I stole tulips from campus one year for our friend Rachel's birthday.  I can't help but think of them both whenever I see my bulbs, even though they aren't tulips at all, and it makes me smile.  I love my little bulb bed; it makes coming home that much more cheerful!  Hope your weekend was filled with sun, flowers, and friends!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!