Views from a Room

Saturday, February 26, 2011

just a few snapshots of what's new in my life.


Earlier this month, it snowed like crazy here.  Just a few days before the snowfall, my mom surprised me with some beautiful pink tulips.


I loved the contrast between the loud pink of the tulips and the clean, crisp white of the snow outside.


I picked up this charming birdhouse at the Flower and Garden show this morning for a mere $15.  I love the color and the fact that I've been lusting after a similar one for over a year but couldn't 
justify the $100+ price tag.  I guess good things really do come to those who wait.


I was surprised this afternoon by some tiny crocus popping out from my massive liriope plant near my driveway.  My mom pointed them out to me; they must have bloomed last year before I moved in.


Next winter, before the crocus bloom, I'll be sure to cut the liriope back so they can really show off!  It was a charming surprise, nonetheless.

What's new in your neck of the woods?  I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment:

  1. what a darling blog you have! love the flowers and i'm a new follower - found ya from blonde episodes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!