Snowed In And Going Crazy

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Be warned: This post is a rambling mess.  I blame it on the snow.

Don't get me wrong, I like the snow. I like the time off it would give me (if I weren't already off), I like the way it makes the world seem brighter, and I like the way people are nicer to each other, because for once, we're all in it together.

However, I am going a little stir crazy.  I'm getting toward the end of my winter break, and I'm tired of having nothing to do.  I want to go back to school, and in fact, I'm going to start reading my Crim Law assignment today, and probably Contracts, because I'm in love with Contracts.  Now is the time of break where I want to see my friends again.  My old roommate went back to Oxford this week for a doctor's appointment and got to visit with all our college buddies and sorority sisters, and it made me realize how much I miss them all.  True, some of them have blogs (here and here), which helps a little, but mostly it just makes me wish I had them here to hug!

But this darn snow is getting in my way!  I walked about a mile to the grocery store yesterday because I was silly enough not to believe the weathermen/my mama about the snow and was utterly unprepared. 

I had no Diet Coke.

Luckily for me, my sweet daddy had dropped my mom off at work when I was about a block from the store and came by in his big SUV and drove me home.  Still, it was kind of nice walking around in the snow, watching the kids and dogs have fun and feeling like the world was scrubbed clean and fresh, just for me.  My calves are a little sore, but that probably just means I need to walk to the store more often.  It's more ecofriendly, and I do have a bicycle with a basket if I just can't walk.

That being said, I've had my fill of the snow and I'm ready for it to melt away.  I want to go have a drink with my friend who goes to NYU Law, I want to have dinner with my pals from law school, and I want to go shopping for On Campus Interview outfits because they're in a month.  I'm a little bit panicky because I just realized my future starts in 30 days.  There are about five firms I really want to clerk for, and luckily, my mom has good contacts at almost all of them, but I still had a mini freakout, complete with hyperventilating and that high-pitched, really fast voice I get when I'm, well, freaking out.

I did my resume, I've got a writing sample in mind, and I have at least one reference.  I just wish my school was a little clearer on the whole process.  I have no idea when I'm allowed to sign up, how many interviews I'm allowed to sign up for, and how I figure out who to sign up for.  Basically, the entire process is a mystery, one my school doesn't seem to too keen to clear up.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!