I Haz Floorz?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lolcat speech aside, it's true!  I have in my junk-I-mean-spare room 4 boxes of Kensington Manor Golden Teak Handscraped 12mm laminate flooring, just waiting to be installed in my kitchen.  I can't believe that in about a month, I will be rid of those horrible peel and stick linoleum floors that are cracked and yellowed and just darn nasty!



I love not only how it looks, but also how it feels.  Because it has a handscraped texture, it doesn't feel slick and smooth and factory made, but like actual planks of solid wood.  The feel of the flooring was really important to me, and I can't wait to get it installed.

But wait I must, because of the other things I have to do... Oh, I didn't mention my mom bought me new countertops?  She totally did!  We ordered them last weekend from Lowes.  There's a four to six week fabrication and delivery wait time.  Because we want to remove the old and nonfunctional water heater from the corner of the L shaped countertop, which will require removing the short part of the L in order to take the waterheater out the side (it's too tall to pull it out from the top without hitting the bottom of the upper cabinets), we have to wait to install the floors until after the old countertops are removed so we can pull it out and put the cabinet back in place.

We also bought some primed quarter round and plan on finding some baseboard to match what's in the older part of the house, which is basically a thin and narrow plank of wood.  But we'll need to find the right dimensions in the longest length possible, to reduce the number of seams, prime it and paint it before the flooring goes down.

So even though I haz floorz, I haz to wait.  But that's okay.  I'm patient.  Just let me believe it, okay?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!