Door Knobs and Broomsticks

Friday, January 7, 2011

As I said I would, I'm updating y'all on my Home Hardware Superstore experience.  Unfortunately, they no longer carry Emtek products, but they issued me a quick refund via PayPal with an explanatory note.  If I were working on a deadline, I would be very happy with their quick response as I would have lost only a day in ordering.  Based on my experience, I would consider looking to them again for door hardware.

Since my order was canceled, I went back to the local store to order two door knobs, which I didn't really mind as I like to shop locally and do my part to encourage local businesses when the budget allows.  The guys at the local store were really great, very helpful, and didn't make me feel like an idiot because I'm a girl, which happens a lot when I go into hardware stores.  Yes, I'm female but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

I ordered two knobs instead of one because 1) these guys are local and reliable and 2) by ordering two, it put my bill over $75, saving me freight charges.  The charges would only have been about $5-6, but when you have to eventually order seven $75 door knobs, it adds up to around $40, which I can take and put toward buying tiles and mastic for the backsplash in my kitchen.

The fact that my door knobs cost more than my door has not escaped me.  I'm put $75 door knobs on a $27 door... C'est ma vie.

I'm also going to Lowe's tomorrow to get an estimate on the Formica 180fx I mentioned earlier.  If the price is right, I think it's my best option.  I also plan to stop by a flooring store to see what they can offer me by way of laminate wood flooring.

I leave you with some pretty kitchen inspiration.  Enjoy!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!