New and Improved Christmas Tree

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas trees are supposed to fill you with joy, to remind you of family and friends, of gathering together to honor the birth of a very important little boy two thousand years ago in a far away land.  They should be joyful and exciting.  They can be colorful, but sometimes monochromatic is just as lovely.  They should look like this:




They are not supposed to make you feel humdrum, outdated, and tired.  They are not supposed to look like this:


So, in my quest to de-fratify my Christmas tree, I headed to Target and Hobby Lobby.  $30, a skinny white mocha, 50 glass ornaments and a sparkly tree topper left me with...


What do you think of my tree?  Such an improvement, right?  I'm much happier!

3 comments:

  1. Oooooooh, TUCKER! I love! You did such a great job on your tree. Very festive. Wish we were all still in Oxford :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job! Love it. Tis the season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! Rach, you were totally my inspiration/motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!