Life and Whatnot

Monday, November 1, 2010

Life has a lovely way of catching up with you when it is least convenient.  The last week or so has felt like everything in my life needed to be dealt with RIGHT NOW.  Here's a quick recap:

  • Tuesday, October 19 - The bottom literally fell out of my hot water heater, meaning no agua caliente for me.
  • Wednesday, October 20 - Lilly had surgery on both her knees.
  • Thursday, October 21 - Lilly got to leave the vet.
  • Friday, October 22 - The hot water heater is replaced.
  • Saturday and Sunday, October 23 & 24 - Worked on my second memo for RWA I.  8 pages, which admittedly isn't bad, but I hadn't had a chance to read all the cases and statutes until then.
  • Monday, October 25 - Memo finished up by 3:00 pm and turned in by 5:00 pm.
  • Tuesday, October 26 - Contracts.  The professor loves to call on me (seriously, even other students have noticed), so I have to be prepared.
  • Wednesday, October 27 - Property.  I don't get future interests.  Executory limitation versus contingent remainder?  Valid or void because of the Rule Against Perpetuities? Heck if I know.
  • Thursday, October 28 - Contracts again.  Also, I made my costume for Halloween.  I was a green crayon with my buddies!  $12 for materials and a couple of hours with my friends and I've got a pretty cool costume!
  • Friday, October 29 - Halloween party with the law students and med students!  Didn't meet any cute doctors, but I did meet a cute 2L.  Unfortunately, he after partied at one bar and my friends and I went to another.  :(  I was also offered some plastic grapes by a drunk guy in a pimp hat...
  • Saturday, October 30 - Recovering from Halloween party.  Also, my mom was feeling very generous and took me to Anthropologie, where I acquired a faux pearl headband, a dish towel, and new knobs for my TV chest.
  • Sunday, October 31 - Visited my grandparents' farm, communed with nature, received an uncomfortably large check for graduation (still deciding how to deal with it), and handed out candy to two dozen trick-or-treaters!
Phew!  Things are starting to settle down a bit, but I'm sort of figuring out that in law school, there is no single period of intense activity followed a slower, more relaxed pace for the rest of the time.  Activity comes in cycles:  really busy, busy, not so busy, insanely busy, busy, not so busy.  It ebbs and flows.

For those of you who were sweet enough to ask (and I do appreciate the kind thoughts, even if it has taken me a while to address them!), Lilly is doing well.  She's still on restricted activity.  I carry her outside to do her business and while I'm not home, she hangs out in the playpen.  Her incisions have healed entirely, so no more cone, and she's feeling well enough to play, even if I won't let her.  She's on a 14-day antibiotic regimen and she's now on Glycoflex for life.  The hair on her hindquarters is even starting to grow back out from where they shaved her.  She still looks goofy though.

Still playing catch up with life, though I leave you with this photo from Halloween.  It was so much fun and I miss all my little blog friends!  Hopefully I'll catch up with you all very, very soon!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!