Barbie Sketch Update!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I managed to get my hands on the 2011 Robert Best Barbie calendar as I mentioned here from the fabulous three story Barnes & Noble in Georgetown (P.S.  I have decided my life would be much better if I lived in Georgetown...).  So what do I do as soon as I get home?


I always buy my frames and mats at Michael's.  They never let me down and I've always been happy with the end result.  I decided to go with an 11 x 14 frame in a brass tone to compliment the antique brass of my bed.

 (All the photos were taken on my unmade bed - cut me some slack; I've been away!)

It was only after I got the frames home that I noticed they are the exact same frames as is on my Keep Calm poster in my dining room.


Guess I like that frame, huh?  :)  After picking out my frames, I went to look at precut mats.  Unfortunately, I didn't see any I liked and because of the odd size of the sketches, the 8 x 10 mats cut off part of the sketch.  Thus, I went to see about getting some custom mats cut.  Each mat ended up being pretty inexpensive, at about $15 each.  I decided it was worth it, since I would see these every day.  I placed the order and they should be ready in about a week and a half.  I'm sure I'm going to love my semi-custom framing job!

I decided to go with pink mats to compliment the three sketches I chose to frame.  Of all the sketches, only two (I think it was two) were unsuitable for framing because of the placement of the hanging hole at the top of the calendar page.  Therefore, I had lots of options.  I picked these:




I like them because I have a blonde, a brunette, and a redhead and they're all in sort of 1960s chic attire.  And, of course, the pink.  ;)  The last one actually reminds me of my grandmother, who I expect would have totally rocked something like that back in the day.  I know she had that haircut.

Once the mats come in and the sketches are hung, I'll have new photos.  In the meantime, just visualize:


Très chic, non?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!