The ABC's of Thanks

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snatched this off my friend Rachel's blog at {simple.little.joys} and have linked up with another Rachel at Finding Joy to discuss my ABCs of Thanks.  Some are thoughtful, others silly, but all important.  Thanksgiving is a fantastic holiday, really, because it gives us all an opportunity to slow down, turn to our loved ones, and just say, "Thanks."

Finding Joy | The ABC's of Thanks

|a|Apothecary jars.  So inexpensive, but so versatile for decorating.
|b| Bear, my sweet bubbers.  After his health scare earlier this year, I'm glad he's here!
|c| Contracts, the one class I completely understand.
|d| Daddy - I may not always like him, but I always love him.
|e| Exploration. Without explorers, we would have nothing.
|f| Finals, because they are the culmination of a semester of hard work.
|g| Grandparents who remind me of who I came from and who I can be.
|h| Hope.  Dum spiro, spero (While I breath, I hope.)
|i|Ice cream, particularly of the cookie dough variety.
|j| Jokes can make even the grayest day bright.
|k| Kisses from my puppy.
|l|Life, Liberty, and Lilly.
|m| Malteses, though Chloe in specific.
|n| Notebook 3.0, the best notetaking program for Mac ever.
|o| Ollie, my friend's pup.  She's a hoot.
|p| Patience.  I need more of it, but I'm grateful when people grant it to me.
|q| Quiet.
|r| Respiration.  Just breathing is a blessing.
|s| Singing brings joy to my life countless times a day.  Just do it.
|t| Trust, the most precious gift you can ever give or receive.
|u| Umbrellas, the brighter the better!
|v| Vacations!
|w| Wonder. Don't forget to look at things with wonder, just once in a while.
|x| X-Men.  I still remember rushing home by 4:00 to catch it on Fox Family after school.
|y| Yahtzee.  Most aggravating but entertaining game ever.
|z| Zippers, because I'm disgusted by buttons.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! All of those things wonderful things to be thankful for!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of interesting features in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love H, I and W. Actually you have a wonderful list, but I thought I'd point out some of my faves. And I happen to like my ice cream as well.

    Thanks for writing out some of the areas in your life that you're thankful. I was blessed reading it.

    I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I hope your Thanksgivings were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!