Tag! You're It!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hee hee!  I love being tagged - any excuse to talk about myself and all that jazz.  :) Jess over at Where are my Sunglasses? (best blog title/description I've seen in a looooong time!) kindly suggested that I answer these questions...and by suggest, I mean she picked me because I'm one of her newest followers.  Tomato, tomahto.

1. What was the last thing you ate?
(Mine didn't look quite like that...)
 Lean Cuisine Chicken Pecan frozen dinner.  I live off frozen foods, mostly because I'm a terrible cook.  Decent baker, terrible cook.

2. What is one of your best childhood memories?
Playing in the Gulf with my mom and my grandmother when I was about 4.  I remember standing with our backs to the ocean, knee-deep in the water.  They were each holding one of my hands, and every time a wave rolled in, they'd swing me up and we'd all yell in unison "PEANUT!"  I was so sure the next wave was going to be so huge that it would knock us all over, but each time, it was no bigger than a peanut.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you were older?
 "'Wa-ii girl" (also known as a professional hula dancer).  The logistical problems with this plan, given that I am neither Polynesian nor from Hawaii, never occurred to me.

4. Do you paint your toenails in the winter?
Absolutely.  My toenails are painted year-round.  I don't do naked nails.  They're currently Coney Island Cotton Candy by OPI.  A very basic nude.  (I said I don't do naked, not nude.  ;))

5. Do you watch any reality television? If so, what show is your favorite?
I'll catch the odd Rachel Zoe episode on occasion, but I'm mostly a scripted show kind of girl.

6. What were some of the "trends" when you were a kid?
 Topsy-Turvy ponytails, stirrup pants, scrunchies, paaaaale denim jackets, anything from Limited, Too.

7. What is your favorite time of the year? Why?
  I love fall.  The leaves, the light, the clothes...all of it, so yummy!

8. Do you have any hobbies?
 Lord, just read my pathetic Serenity by Liz posts.  :P  As lame as it might sound, I really do enjoy tracking down vintage glasses and making them into candles.  I also like decorating my house.  I'm a member of a creative writing forum, and as I'm also interested in baking, my latest hobby is running.  

 OH!  And I'm gardening a fair bit lately.  I've got about 100 more bulbs to plant in my front yard.  Just call me Bree van de Kamp.

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to be a waitress on roller skates when I was young. How in the world I ever expected to support myself is beyond me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but wouldn't it be a fantastic world if people could make proper livings hula dancing and serving food on wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I tagged you in one of my posts!!!!

    http://lifeofascott.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-have-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to stumble across your blog -- and find another blogging KD :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!