mean

Tuesday, October 19, 2010


 you, with your words like knives  
and swords and weapons that you use against me
you have knocked me off my feet again,
got me feeling like a nothing,
you, with your voice like nails on a chalkboard
calling me out when i'm wounded 
you, picking on the weaker man

 
well you can take me down with just one single blow
but you don't know, what you don't know...


someday i'll be living in a big ol' city 
 
and all you're ever going to be is mean
someday i'll be big enough so you can't hit me
and all you're ever going to be is mean
why you gotta be so mean?
 
 
you, with your switching sides  
and your wildfire lies and your humiliation  
you, have pointed out my flaws again
as if i don't already see them
i walk with my head down
trying to block you out 'cause i'll never impress you
i, just wanna feel okay again
 

i bet you got pushed around  
somebody made you cold  
but the cycle ends right now
'cause you can't lead me down that road
and you don't know, what you don't know...


all you are is mean  
and a liar, and pathetic, and alone in life 
and mean, and mean, and mean, and mean
 
 
but someday i'll be living in a big ol' city  
and all you're ever going to be is mean, yeah yeah
someday i'll be big enough so you can't hit me
and all you're ever going to be is mean
why you gotta be so mean?

1 comment:

  1. Oh presh..is everything okay? This sounds like perhaps someone is being ass to you. I surely hope not :(

    P.S. I'm 1/2 way through my tag post. I'm having the hardest time thinking of witty things to say. I think it was the hair dye disaster. I was all out of sorts!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!