Lilly Needs Surgery

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My pup is having surgery on Wednesday.  She has a Grade II luxating patella (basically, her kneecap pops in and out of socket) in her right hind leg.  We have to drive an hour on Wednesday to the doggie orthopedic surgeon.  Her surgery is scheduled for 8:45 but we're going to try to get there around 8:00 so I can drop her off and head back to Capital City before class.  She has to stay overnight and then when she comes home on Thursday, she'll have a pain patch sutured on.  I'm not sure how long the convalescence is, but I think it's about 2 months.


I'm worried about my punkie.  :(  My parents' dog Chloe had the same procedure with the same vet and she's fine, but even so, Lilly's my baby, which makes it scarier.  The surgery is also really expensive - $1600 for one knee, $2500 if both knees need correction.  Thankfully my parents are paying for it, but my mom told me that year to date, we've paid the vet around $6,000 for medications, visits, etc.  I feel a little bit guilty, but at the same time, I know my parents love Lilly, too, and don't want her to be in pain just because I don't have a job or money.  Nor are they going to make me go into debt to pay for it.

Plus, I have a revised version of my first closed memo due Monday and a draft of my second memo due Wednesday.  I can already feel the stress growing.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm the newest follower of your precious blog! Praying for your sweet Lilly! My husband is also a 1L, so I look forward to reading about your law school and life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, love :) I'm going to play right now....

    I'm so sad for your little, that she has to be operated on. My last little pup (well, actually my parents I suppose) had to have total hip and total knee replacement surgeries. She recovered just beautifully, and went on to jump, skip and play for years. But...the surgery part is always a little scary :(

    I'll definitely be thinking of you and Miss Lilly on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm late checking up but is she ok now? i know what that is like on your end. you must have been a wreck!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!