Cotton Candy Skies: Pink and Green Thursdays

Thursday, September 2, 2010

This is only my second day of Pink and Green Thursday, but I already find myself looking forward to it.  It helps me reclaim my zen - something that is very necessary after the last couple of days!

This week, which has been gray and rainy and a preview of fall days, I'm inspired by what I call cotton candy skies.  Cotton candy skies occur in the middle of fall, after summer's heat has faded away but before winter's chill touches the day.  They happen on days where the weather in the day doesn't require a jacket, but you'd better have something to pull on after sundown.  It's the kind of weather that so often occurs in conjunction with the fair.  Cotton candy skies are the exact color of the cotton candy they have at the state fair every year, and if you know me, you know there is little that I love more than the fair.  This may shock you, considering my general germaphobia.  But there's just something about the rides, the smells, and the general excitement in the air that accompanies the week-long party at the fairgrounds.









2 comments:

  1. I love the fair theme! So cute! Wouldn't an all pink-and-green fair be so pretty?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I had to come and see your fair pictures :) When searching for some, I never saw any of these. They are great!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!