2 Months and 10 Lbs? Totally doable!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Okay, I'm off to visit my old roomie Camille (lovingly known as Cameltoe or just Cams) November 11 in DC.  I'm so so excited to visit our nation's capital in my favorite season and I already have the perfect outfit to fly out:

My Andrey dress from fall 2008.  This is why I love Lilly - a dress bought two years ago is still relevant and totally appropriate!


Depending on the temperature both here and in DC, I may pair my dress with a turtleneck as shown and matching some Hue tights.  On my feet, I'm going to break out my Banana Republic "Phillipa" English riding boots:

Also something I bought two years ago.

Here's the catch: two years ago, I weighed 130 lbs and was a size 6, my skinniest since high school (oh the days of a size 4...).  Unfortunately, this is no longer true.  I can still zip the dress, but I look terrible in it.  It's just way too tight.  10 pounds from now, and I still won't be at my skinniest, but I will be within 3 lbs and my dress will fit!

Today is September 5th.  I plan on flying out November 11th.  That means I have 67 days to lose 10 lbs.  I can do this.  It's absurd that I wouldn't be able to.  Here's how I plan on going about it.  1) Follow Weight Watchers.  If I follow the plan and don't cheat, I lose weight.  This is a proven thing for me.  2) Work out on the elliptical everyday for either 1 hour or 3 miles, whichever comes first.  I joined a local gym yesterday and did my first hour today.  Needless to say, it sucked.  I just keep telling myself that it won't stop sucking unless I keep doing it.

I have also hung the dress on the outside of my closet as a daily reminder of my goal.  I can do this.  I can do this.  I CAN DO THIS.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I really really wish I could find your motivation! I need to channel you. Love love the dress and boots- so cute. I didn't get that dress and regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, the cut of the Stephanie shift from fall 2010 is really similar - same length, same cut description. As for motivation, I'm so not kidding when I say that dress is my sole motivation. I love it too much to let it hang sad and unworn in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally do it!! I always lose weight before the summer, and then at the very end (about this time) I notice everything is getting a little bit tight. Too many cocktails and cookouts I think :) I'm right there with you...and we can so totally do it!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!