Way Out Here

Saturday, August 28, 2010

It was kind of a spur of the moment decision.  I got out of Civ Pro at 3:40 and by 3:45, I had called my granny and asked if I could come over for dinner.  She lives about an hour away on a 500-acre cattle farm.  Naturally she said yes.

We had the BEST dinner - home fried chicken, purple hull peas, biscuits, "fake potatoes" as my grandfather ("Papa") calls Ore Ida french fries, fried okra that my grandmother grew in her garden, sliced tomatoes (also grown by Granny), and fresh iced tea.  For dessert?  Napoleon (also known as Neapolitan) ice cream.  YUM!

I decided to take my DSLR with me and try to take a couple of shots of this rusty tin truck that has been resting near the creek that runs past my grandparents' house for ages, but unfortunately, they didn't turn out.  I did, however, get some great shots of my family's herd.














P.S.  I swear I get bored with Poladroid eventually.  It just seemed to fit the subject, and I love the space for captions!

P.P.S #51 charged me while I was shooting.  Luckily, he's still young enough to be scared off by a sharp "NO!" and some waving arms.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!