Serenity by Liz

Monday, August 23, 2010

Please, someone tell me why I went and dropped $75 on candle making supplies this afternoon.  I now own (dear God, I'm laughing with embarrassment even as I type this) 3 pounds of soy candle wax (it was a 4lb bag, and I'm just guessing how much I used), a wax thermometer, a dedicated "molten wax pouring container", and a gigantic spool of wick.

Wow.

But lookie what I made while not preparing for Contracts tomorrow (and yes, I will prepare before I go to bed, no worries):



At least they look pretty!  And they're unique...And...um...yeah, I got nothing else.  However, should anyone else desire a vintage state glass soy candle handmade by moi, let me know and we'll see what we can do.  I promise only to charge you for the amount of the glass and shipping plus $5, in hopes of recouping my $75 craft splurge.

The glasses came from eBay and are actually kind of cool.  They're from the 1940s and 1950s, back when the interstate system was new and people were going on "roadtrips" for the first time.  Souvenir shops would sell these glasses so you could commemorate where all you'd been.

Since the glasses are vintage, I also figured I'd play around with Poladroid some more.  I downloaded it last night and am having a blast with it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!