Lilly, My Love

Monday, August 23, 2010


Anybody who's spent five minutes with me knows that my world revolves around a 4.6 lbs red Toy Poodle, known in formal settings as Mylastname's Princess Tiger Lily.  Of course, her friends just call her Lilly.  Or Boo Boo.  Or Lil.  Or Lillums (thanks for that one, Cami).  She is the light of my life.  Now, before you go writing me off as some crazy Poodle lady, think about it for a second.  Why wouldn't I adore someone that:
  1. Dances every time I come home?
  2. Cries when I leave, even if its just to take out the trash?
  3. Snuggles up to me whenever possible?
  4. Is always up for a long walk at sunset?
  5. Never yells at me?
  6. Never makes me cry (except with laughter)?
  7. Helps me clean the house (by eating anything I drop on the floor, of course)?
  8. Looks like this:


She's my pal, through thick and thin, just like the best of friends always are.  It's like I've always said, love me, love my dog.  I can't imagine my life without her in it, which is so strange because she's only been victory dancing across this earth for a year and a half come September 1st.  But there you have it.  Call me a cray cray Poodle lady if you want, because you know what?  Maybe that isn't such a bad thing after all!

1 comment:

  1. <3 Gotta give you a thumbs up for the doggy love! People who don't love dogs totally blow my mind- All that they are guilty of is loving their humans without any conditions!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!