Blog Designing and Other Things!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Phew! I just put the finishing touches on my blog design (thanks for the sweet comment, Rachie! You always make me feel loved!). I figure since there's only so much I can do at the moment with my house, what with law school starting and my mom/seamstress (haha!) being in Canada, I might as well turn my DIYing to my blog. I've never actually designed a blog from scratch before, but I'm really pleased with it. It took a while, but that is to be expected, given that I spent a lot of the time Googling for "How-Tos". Getting rid of the ugly titles (especially over the followers) took forever to figure out. Once that was finished, and I found a cute digital scrapbook kit for free over at digitalscrapbookplace.com (The Kit I Used), it took almost no time at all! If you're interested in learning how to design your own blog layout, let me know and I'd be happy to give you some tips from a fellow novice. Hopefully I could save you some time! :)

I've also been thinking that, as I mentioned, there's going to be less and less work I'll be able to do on the casa, meaning a shift in the blog's focus might be approaching.  I hope none of my 4 followers (and I love each and every one of you - Faye, Rachel, Morgan, and Betsy!) will be too outraged if I start blogging on a wider array of topics than just my house.  Naturally, I'll still be keeping you up to date on even the smallest of changes I make to my house, but maybe a few other things that are going on in my life might pop up now and then.

I've been TiVoing the HGTV show Sarah's House. Even though her country house season has ended, they're still showing episodes of where she renovates a backsplit. While it's all very gorgeous, most of it's a bit too modern for me. However, I love love LOVE what she did in the tiny little bathroom she installed in the basement.

In an ideal world, this is what my guest bathroom would look like.  And you know what?  I think I might actually get pretty darn close.  The floorplan is almost identical, though my sink and toilet are flipflopped.  But all the plumbing is on one wall, which is similar to Sarah's (though if you look, you'll see that her showerhead must be on the wall with the door, since you can't see it in the pictures [ETA: the showerhead is on the other wall; you can see it reflected in the medicine cabinet's mirror.]), and it's a snug bathroom, just like mine.  Actually, my bathroom might even be a smidgy bit bigger, and that's something you definitely won't hear me say very often about ANYTHING in my house!

After Ricardo from Home Depot showed me how to lay tile, I've been itching to give it a shot.  Maybe the bathroom would be a good place to try!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE love love Sarah's House. If only I could get my TiVo working too, then life would be good. I've been missing that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I haven't done anything to my bathrooms yet. Maybe I should now.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!