First Photos of the Guest Bed!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Okay, maybe not technically the first photos, since you saw the ones when the headboard was looking preeeeetty rough, but these are the first photos of the completed headboard. The footboard will look identical once it's finished, and I need to get a move on it since I have a brand new mattress sitting waiting for the frame and bed linens (a new set) on their merry way here. So, without further ado...

From seven hours in the car to find this...


to three coats of acid to reveal this...



to lots of rinsing and sanding with sand paper for this...


and three coats of primer and paint, I ended up with this:

and this...


It has taken waaaay longer than my initial estimate of three days (haha, laughable, really), and I still have to do the footboard, but I'm at least two thirds of the way finished with giving a new life to this bed. I'm also really excited to discover that my bed is at least from 1926, as it is marked by a company that was bought out in that year and stopped making their own furniture. So I'm being quite ecofriendly as well as fashionable. Yay me! I really love this bed and have this sickeningly sweet fantasies about tucking my own daughter into this bed someday. Until that day comes (far, far, FAR in the future!), I hope it will make a cozy and comfortable retreat for my guests.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!