Of Ant Bites and Primer...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Okay, so you know me. I like to dive headlong into things, and when I have a new project, I go full force until it's finished. Thus, I spent all of this afternoon scraping the bedrails with a steel wire brush and using phosphoric acid to eat away the rust. I had planned to call it a day after that, but I kept looking out the window and thinking there was plenty of light to prime them. So I did!

This is what they looked like at the beginning:




And after several hours of scraping and scrubbing, with one coat of primer:




Unfortunately while I was spraying, I inadvertently stepped into an ant hill. My foot started stinging really badly, so I looked down and was like, "CRAP!" To be fair, the ants didn't know it was an inadvertent crushing, but still. OW! And now, since I'm allergic to ant bites, my foot is going to swell up and be beyond itchy. Ugh.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!