Keep Calm and Shop On!

Monday, January 4, 2010


I'm back from Dallas and successfully visited both stores I was interested in (IKEA and Uptown Country Home). Here are my conclusions:

The IKEA Ektorp sofa was incredibly uncomfortable. I'm hoping it was because thousands upon thousands of butts had squished the cushions down, making them hard as rocks, and that a new, unsampled sofa would be more comfortable.


Uptown Country Home has the cutest accessories. I bought two blue glass candlesticks and a fabulous Keep Calm and Carry On poster in turquoise. It's obviously a must have for any Shabby Chic home, and they've got oodles of them in yellow, purple, pink (though it's really more a salmon), turquoise, chocolate, and grey. The 16 x 20 poster itself was $45, which was kind of expensive, and I bought a gold and brown frame from the store as well for $42. I hung it in my dining room tonight and am a little obsessed with it.


I also took my Shabby Chic Interiors by Rachel Ashwell and the little poodle gourd that my friend Morgan (of For the Love of Pineapples) bought me for Christmas and put them on my coffee table. Right now, the poodle stares at you as you enter and leave the house, which is slightly creepy. I might need to find a new home for it, or at least a new way to face it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!