Craigslist: A Girl's Best Friend?

Monday, January 11, 2010

I will not deny having had success with Craigslist in the past. I found the best summer job EVER on there working at a super fun day school. But I've never tried to buy furniture on Craigslist. Until now.

While we were in Dallas, I spotted an ad for six chairs that would have been perfect for my dining room if painted a creamy white to match my table. I sent off an e-mail, but unfortunately for me, I never heard back. The ad was taken down, so I'm assuming they were either sold to someone else or the seller changed his mind. Disappointed? Yes. They were priced excellently - 6 chairs for $120. Ah well. Better to have loved and lost and all that.



Anyway, I was on the site this morning, still seeking out dining chairs when I clicked on an ad for a sofa. $50 in West Capitol City. Then I saw the magic words: "All pillow covers and the slip cover are removable and washable." I called immediately. The ad said the couch was in good condition, but even if the slipcover was beyond gross, as long as it's truly a slipcovered sofa, I'll just pull the thing off and have a new one custom made, which I could do considering I alloted $500-$600 for a new sofa and this one is marked $50. I just hope it's comfortable and truly slipcovered. I'm meeting her at 5:00 pm today. Wish me luck!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Drop me a line! I'd love to hear your thoughts!